Friday, August 22, 2008

Week 1 Complete!

Well, I'm now 1 week into this project, and I've actually accomplished a few things! Go me! First off, I finished the list, even if I've made a few edits already. I figure that this is a 2.75 year project, some things are bound to change in that time frame.

Even though it's not a specific goal on the list, we've managed to keep the house clean for a week, which is some kind of new record for us. The vacuum/mop once a week and help Ethan pick up his toys goals are a large contributor to that. It's amazing how much more pleasant hanging out at home is when you don't have a sea of toys all over the floor!

My mini-goal for next week is to actually cross something off, instead of just doing my weekly/monthly tasks. I'm considering starting the Couch to 5k program next week, too - it's a bit daunting, but I need to start somewhere and there's no time like the present. :)

4 comments:

LizabethDavis said...

I know how you feel about having the ocean of toys on the floor. Such is the case around our house with Jason running around. It is much more pleasant to be home when things are tidy!

Good luck with the Couch to 5k thing!! You can do it!

Andrea said...

I'm in the same place as you---I've started a lot of stuff, but I'm ready to cross something off! Good luck!

Jen said...

Good luck with the Couch to 5k! I'm planning to do that program too, but I'm waiting for the weather to cool down.

Sheila said...

I'm thinking of the couch to 5k program to - but we got a whole cheesecake from NYC in the fridge - so maybe after that is gone!